Saturday, March 31, 2012

An Ode To Boredom

Boredom is when you sit and stare at the screen and speak along with every single Big Bang Theory dialogue just because you have nothing better to do.
Boredom is watching Leonard and Sheldon play around in the ball pen while dreaming about Chinese takeaway.
Boredom is Googling Chuck Lorre because you need to see what the guy who created Big Bang looks like. [He looks like Al Pacino btw. Creepily like Al Pacino.]
Boredom is when you watch the same ads on the same channel over and over again because the remote is too far away, and you're too lazy to check what else is on anyway.
Boredom is when you go back to old blog posts and randomly start writing because the laptop was in front of you and you finally got tired of ads.
Boredom is blankness. Boredom is trying to remember what Macbeth said about sleep. Boredom is staring at your facebook page waiting for something to happen.
Boredom is Googling "troglodyte" because Sheldon said it and you didn't know what it meant, and because it was something to do. [PS: It means "caveman".]
Boredom is stalking Dan Bergstein repetitively, even though you know nothing new has happened since five minutes ago because he, unlike you, probably has a life.
Boredom is writing an ode on boredom.
Boredom is this.

~Sam

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I do that too! I sit in front of Facebook and wait...and wait...and wait...I have no idea what I expect, but I've been doing it for 5 years now.
    How 'bout this one: boredom is googling "Don't Go Breaking my Heart" to see who sings the girl part because your husband has made you believe Elton John sings the entire song alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha, I've only been doing it for about 2, but seriously, I think its about time Zuckerberg started paying me, I'm pretty sure I'm responsible for about half his traffic.
    Your husband sounds amazing! :D
    Haha, how about googling "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" because a random comment you saw referred to it?

    ReplyDelete